Signals & Communications Technician - System IA, MN, IL, MO
CANADIAN PACIFIC RAILWAY
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
* Req ID: 72967 * Department: Engineering * Job Type: Full-Time * Position Type: Union * Location: Davenport, Iowa * Country: United States * % of Travel: 90-100% * # of Positions: 1 * Compensation Rate: $27.31 per hour * Job Available to: Internal & External * Deadline to apply: 03/22/2019
CP is looking for a qualified Signal & Communications Technician. If individuals do not have prior Signalman experience then they would start as a Signal & Communications Assistant and be trained into the position.
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
* General responsibilities for this position involve the installation, maintenance and construction of Train Control Systems and Grade Crossing Warning Systems; * May also supervise, instruct, or direct other employees who may be assisting the Electronic Technician in their work; * Will work outdoors a majority of the time with exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity such as extreme heat, cold, ice, rain, snow; * Facilitate repair and return of bad order circuit cards and components through equipment vendors; * Use meters, scopes, and other various types of test equipment to diagnose equipment problems and failures; * Use computers for diagnostics in troubleshooting electronic equipment, software burning, software uploading/downloading, downloading event logs, and other various functions; * Test, inspect, and repair signal apparatus to meet requirements set forth by Canadian Pacific and Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) regulatory requirements; * Manage and document FRA test and inspection reports; * Support Signal Maintainers, Signal Crews, and Signal Testmen in their duties and with technical issues; * Acquire and apply knowledge of Grade Crossing Warning System equipment, i.e. HXP's, GCP's, PMD's and Train Control Systems, i.e. VHLC's, VPI's, Electro logic's, Microlok's; * Become familiar with Signal & Communication circuit drawings and standards; * Make field checks and corrections to circuit drawings as necessary.
* High School Diploma or equivalent is required; * Post-secondary education is preferred; * Must possess or be willing to obtain within 6 months, FCC General Radio Telephone Operators License (GROL) or equivalent i.e. International Society of Certified Electronic Technicians (ISCET certification); * Requires valid Driver's License to operate company vehicle; * Ability to respond for emergent work past normal working hours; * Ability to occasionally work at various heights (ladders, signal masts and structures).
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
* Flexible and competitive benefits package * Completive company pension plan * Annual Fitness Subsidy
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is considered a safety sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a vision, hearing, drug screening and pre-employment physical.
Drug Test Elements:
All new hires are required to undergo a drug screen. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping CP safe and drug free.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
* Criminal history check * Education verification * Last 3 years of driving history * Last 7 years of employment history; includes military service * Social Security number verification
CP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Associated topics: audiovisual technician, av technician, examiner, network engineer, radio, systems engineer, tech, technical, visual, vtc
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.