CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2018 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE, 2018 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
CBIZ and MHM are together ranked as one of the top accounting services providers in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 3,000 professionals, we serve the country s growing mid-market public and private businesses and the not-for-profit sector. MHM, an independent CPA firm, provides high quality audit and assurance services and works closely with CBIZ, an accounting, tax and consulting services provider. CBIZ and MHM are members of Kreston International Limited, a global network of independent accounting firms.
CBIZ MHM is proud of our strong company culture. In 2016 we were recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal; in San Diego by the San Diego Union Tribune and in Orange County by the Orange County Business Journal. It was an honor to be recognized for such prestigious awards, knowing that it was the feedback from our employees that earned us our spot on those lists.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Serve as client s trusted advisor, demonstrates knowledge of industry trends, identify client issues and conflicts; proactively communicate solution options to client and team
- Manage staff on engagement deliverables (such as financial statements, tax returns, work papers, etc.); complete technical and strategic reviews as a member of the final engagement review team to ensure quality control standards are met; ensure on time delivery and on budget
- Demonstrate proficient technical skills for handling all client responsibilities, including knowledge of trends, industries, alternatives, etc.
- Understand the client s organization, procedures and internal policies
- Responsible for new client development in partnership with upper management; participate in client meetings, presentations and proposal development and meet individual cross serve
- Manage and retain multiple client relationships, engagements and special projects
- Develop overall engagement budget
- Consistently meet charge hour goals
- Responsible for billing and realization on assigned clients; explain variances
- Supervise, train and mentor staff; listen and communicate effectively
- Foster a team environment; demonstrates support of management and decisions and build a positive culture
- Participate in practice development activities that lead to the generation of new business and the opportunities for cross-serves
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor s degree required; Master s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field
- 6 years of experience in public accounting or related field
- 3 years supervisory experience
- Must have active CPA or equivalent certification
- Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
- Proficient use of applicable technology
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant's race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
PAY TRANSPARENCY PROTECTION NOTIFICATION