We are a global team of 6,000 visionaries, doers, and makers. Our portfolio of over 25 brands touches lives in more than 50 countries. Together, we reimagine good mornings and endless summers, beauty and bonding, confidence and determination.
Jack Black, the #1 Prestige Men s skincare brand in the US, was acquired in March 2018 by Edgewell Personal Care Inc. (EPC), owners of Schick, Banana Boat, Hawaiian Tropic, and Playtex. The position will be based in Coppell, TX and have responsibility for Jack Black s new product development, including new product lines. This will include technical development and working with contract manufacturers to develop, assess and optimize formulas. The position will partner closely with Marketing, Regulatory & Safety, and Creative.
- Responsibility for Jack Black Skincare product development projects including development of new product lines and skus as directed. Working with contract manufacturers to identify relevant technologies and develop superior products for the portfolio.
- Collect and generate new product development ideas
- Create and manage long term innovation roadmap
- Develop NPD launch plan (timing, targets, markets)
- Develop research to ensure the company can substantiate any claims
- Work alongside the third-party suppliers to support the management of new formulation testing and internal and external user trials in line with the project timelines
- Assist with all aspects of compliance management to ensure all new products meet required standards and documentation is maintained
- Track and monitor all development costs in conjunction with third-party manufacturers to ensure costs are kept within budget
- Develop new product concept and business case in collaboration with Marketing
- Help develop global new product launch plan alongside other team members
- Develop product portfolio, role and positioning
- Ensure all packaging for new launches is in place in a timely manner prior to start date ready for pre-production trials
- Technical lead for Jack Black Skincare
- Ensure that Jack Black products maintain their quality and ethical standards and continues to be an industry leader
- Ensure the Company is aware of any future legislative changes and develop processes to manage these
- Manage third-party manufacturers to ensure they put in place PIFs and any other documentation that s required by legislation
- Ensure that all product and website claims are consistent with best practice in the industry and liaise with legal and regulatory where required
- Work with the Company s international markets to provide information and data that is needed to ensure compliance in other territories
- Work with EPC Regulatory to ensure appropriate product registration
- Attend symposiums, conferences and other resources to keep up to date with legal requirements
- Collaborate with and manage third-party audits to ensure that suppliers are compliant
- Management of customer complaint process from initial complaint through to lab testing and compliant resolution, working with EPC where necessary/required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor s degree in a scientific discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in developing skin care formulations
- Have a genuine passion for skincare
- Superior product evaluation skill; Strong understanding of formulations and scale-up
- Detail oriented, highly organized and excellent communication skills
- Be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality
- Have a proven understanding and knowledge of the US and EU Cosmetics Regulations
- Have excellent project management skills
- Can multi-task, team oriented and able to work well within a small company
Edgewell is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.