Company is looking for a VP, Accounting to join our Finance team. We are looking for a seasoned professional who will be responsible for the strategic direction, staffing, and performance of the finance and accounting teams, deliverables, and associated results. Functional areas reporting to this position are the accounting, billing/AR, treasury, payroll, audit and other accounting matters. This position will be responsible for maintaining key relationships along with the CFO and staff for our critical business partners.
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for creating an effective accounting organization, processes, and technology to be utilized across all areas of the company. This is a broad set of responsibilities including accounting, billing, AR management, dynamic forecasting, treasury, payroll and more. Every process that is inclusive of the functional areas in finance and accounting.
- With the CFO, responsible for setting the technology roadmap for the company in respect of key initiatives and highest and best use of resources
- Responsible for overall integrity of the financial reports, forecasts, analyses, audits, and board materials.
- Responsible for direct supervision of all accounting functions. Primary responsibilities include supervision of the monthly close process, monthly, quarterly and annual billings to clients for services provided, billing and reimbursements for clients, collection of accounts receivable, supervising accounts payable, payroll, monthly reporting for the board and investors, monthly preparation of a forecast, annual preparation of a budget, assist in the preparation of quarterly tax projections and annual tax return preparation and all treasury administration.
- This position will also be part of a team that creates and implements policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues in addition to creating procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate.
- This position must act strategically in all teaming efforts, to get adoption and drive results.
- Directly manage all accounting and finance functions including SEC reporting, general ledger, revenue recognition, forecasting, tax preparation and provision, investor relations, payroll, equity administration, treasury, international, consolidations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets
- Manage external relationships with auditors, tax accountants, legal firms, audit committees, board of directors, customers and vendors
- The position is responsible for participating in the overall strategic planning for functional areas, the firm as a whole, operations, and for board interactions as required.
Your background and who you are:
- BA/BS in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), active license mandatory
- Minimum 10 years experience in a senior management role ideally with both external audit and in-house financial management experience gained in a high-growth organization
- IPO preparation and audit
- Public accounting and private company experience preferred
- Implement Sarbanes-Oxley policies, processes, control documentation, and testing plans
- Manage contemporaneous valuations and retrospective reassessments of stock-based compensation
- Broad technical accounting knowledge, including drafting position papers
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-growth environment
Associated topics: analyst, budget, cash, cfa, chief finance officer, cpa, credit, expense, financial controller, treasure