Job Title :
Internal Business Consultant
Job ID :
Tempe, AZ US
Job Type :
Posted On :
Job Description :
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Key Focus: The Internal Wholesaler will proactively market and solicit retail John Hancock mutual funds, 529 College Saving Plans and PMA sales throughout the broker-dealer community. Working in conjunction with an External Business Consultant and the marketing team, this individual will proactively manage and cultivate a sales territory via professional telephone sales activity. They will provide value added ideas and marketing support to all brokers, agents, and registered representatives in the defined territory.
* Establish and maintain relationships with individual investment advisors.
* Partner with an External Business Consultant in the field to help develop sales opportunities in their territory.
* Provide superior sales support and service by contacting investment advisors with updates pertaining to the mutual funds they sell, handle inbound calls, prospect for new business, cross sell existing brokers on different products and assist brokers with asset allocation.
* Help investment advisors increase their business by producing hypothetical illustrations, updating them on current marketing materials, and informing them of upcoming conference calls or conferences.
* Participate in roundtable discussions and feedback sessions around effective sales strategies.
* Maintain competitive intelligence by attending meetings, engaging other internal departments to understand John Hancock's internal strategies.
* Form partnerships with other John Hancock product teams to ensure multi-product pitches are consistent and effective.
* Provide leads to other sales desks to help John Hancock increase sales in diversified products.
* Lead projects for department initiatives to fully implement new processes, strategies, and more.
* Act as a mentor to new Inside Wholesalers and assist in development, implementation, and delivery of training classes for the Investments sales desk.
* Act as Fund Liaison/Firm/Separate Account/Marketing Liaison. Relay a positive attitude about department initiatives and stand behind decisions of management.
* Bachelor's degree.
* 1-2 years of sales experience preferably within the financial services industry.
* Demonstrated relationship management skills, including the ability to work in a team environment.
* Strong time management, organizational, and problem solving skills.
* Ability to learn and adapt quickly while applying creativity.
* Ability to work in a changing fast paced high call volume environment, with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
* Series 7 highly preferred. Series 6, Series 63, and Series 65 or 66 required
This position is subject to the Securities and Exchange Commission's Pay-to-Play Rule 206(4)-5 regarding political contributions by investment advisors and their covered associates
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Apply Now >>
Link for schema
Interested in a different opportunity?
Stay connected. Learn about upcoming opportunities with Manulife / John Hancock.
Join Talent Community
Share this job
Associated topics: analyse, bi, business analytic, business finance, consult, financial analyst, inspect, investment analytics, legal, refinement