Mar 07, 2019 Job Number
19000P2N Job Category
Sales and Marketing Location
JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa, Aventura, Florida VIEW ON MAP Brand
Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott Schedule
Yes Position Type
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott Internationals franchisees.
Please apply online at:
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Turnberry Associates.The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotels employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process.If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Director of Lifestyle & Leisure Sales primary responsibility is to generate Membership, Restaurant and other Outlet Sales, including Spa, Golf, and private/social events in order to meet and exceed department budgetary and goal requirements. The Director of Lifestyle & Leisure Sales oversees all sales within the Food & Beverage, Golf, Membership and Spa departments including being a liaison within the resort for lifestyle sales. Additionally, this leader will develop and execute an action plan directed at the solicitation of new business to include activities such as phone solicitation, telemarketing, e-mail blasts, site inspections, face to face sales and trade show attendance to achieve maximum activity.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of group sales managers and assistants.
- Identify and target prospective members and clients.
- Make sales calls and attend industry events and tradeshows as required.
- Keep accurate records of potential members and clients; follow through on all potential business.
- Prepare production reports as required by Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Develop ongoing relationships with key customers and industry leaders.
- Collect market and competitive intelligence to assess and implement rate strategies to achieve short and long term goals.
- Respond to inquiries and requests for proposals.
- Attend other department meetings as necessary.
- Entertain members and clients.
- Participate in sites, FAMs and industry trade shows.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by management.
- 4-year college degree from accredited university.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate in the English language. Second language is a plus.
- Must be able to work with basic arithmetic functions.
- Using basic computer hardware and software.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including holidays and weekends and able to perform multiple tasks.
- Experience using software programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Professional demeanor appropriate for a luxury environment.
- Excellent group presentation skills, writing, speaking and training skills.
- Interpersonal, diplomacy, business analysis skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong leadership qualities, good motivator with excellent organizational skills.
- Private club knowledge or lifestyle sales experience preferred.
- Ability to assimilate complex information and understand financial data.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: branch manager, director of sales, management, manager, principal, sales director, sales leader, sales manager, shift lead, supervisor