Mott Macdonald provides cost-effective and creative and innovative engineering solutions for North America throughout multiple sectors. We are seeking a senior communications engineer to join the team with the ideal candidate who has experience with the following:
* Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
* Minimum 7 years of experience in design and delivery of rail/transit communications solutions
* PE registration in California or ability to obtain within one year
* Rail/Transit Communications experience must be emphasized on fiber optic networking, Ethernet, SONET, telephony, CCTV, audio systems, visual systems, data and voice communications networks, integrated communications control and data centers, and security systems
* Must be skilled in the preparation of contract drawings, specifications, engineering cost estimates, field inspection and testing
* Demonstrated the ability to actively participate within a team
* Ability to identify, build and maintain key relationships both internally within Mott MacDonald and externally with key client.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, Microsoft Project and/or comparable PC applications
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
Drawing on the knowledge and experience of our staff, Mott MacDonald successfully integrates existing systems with those that are more technologically advanced. Mott MacDonald is seeking a senior communications engineer to join our team in Los Angeles, CA to work directly with our clients.
In this role you will be applying design review, installation, testing and commissioning of the multi-layer transmission systems. This will provide connectivity and control for the traction power, signaling, SCADA and all station related communication systems in a collaborative approach to evolve a system solution that satisfies contractual obligation and meets the client's expectations.
The SPT systems engineering activities include the analysis of the test results, documentation, and validation of the system solution which relates to the whole system life cycle.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
* Develop design criteria, specifications, plans, installation layouts, and testing procedures for rail/transit Communications systems
* Develop procedures for design quality verification, installation inspection and commissioning of Communications systems
* Review of quality and safety plans and program implementation for railways communication work of freight railway line
* Provide technical input and support developing design documents for third-party construction contract
* Active participation in the continual improvement process to ensure technical excellence
Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We're one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Associated topics: analog, antenna, avaya, electronics, lan, network engineer, nortel, osp, scada, system engineer