At RSM, associates work with large and small companies in various industries. They develop strong working relationships with clients built on understanding their businesses and challenges. Associates work on multiple team engagements each year, including several pieces of any particular assignment - not just one part. Working in a mutually respectful team environment helps our associates perform at their best and integrate their career with their personal life.
Examples of the candidate's responsibilities include:
- Working on a team that focuses on a wide range of tax specialty areas. This can include accounting for income taxes, accounting methods and periods, corporate taxation, federal credits and incentives, individual taxation, mergers and acquisitions, pass-through entity taxation, and not for profit organizations.
- Completing tax planning and research
- Preparing federal and state & local tax returns
- Understanding tax regulations and accounting pronouncements
RSM's tax practice includes the following specialty areas in addition to Lead Tax:
State & Local Tax
- helps clients navigate the ever-shifting state and local tax laws
- works with businesses around the world to build successful cross-border tax strategies
- Minimum B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent from an accredited university
- Accounting major
- Travel to assigned client locations is required. Must have access to and ability to arrange for use of reliable modes of transportation to those locations
- Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
- Meeting education requirement for CPA certification in the state where you are applying for employment
- Working toward the successful completion of the CPA exam-tax associates have the opportunity to obtain the audit hours required for full certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work effectively on a team
- Ability to work and multitask in a fast-paced environment
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID req8122
Line of Business: Tax Services
SubFunction: Lead Tax
Job Type: Full Time
Req #: req8122
Location: 4801 Main St., Suite 400, , Kansas City, MO
Region: Central Region
Job Category: Tax
Employment Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor
Associated topics: analyze, bi, business analytic, business finance, government, investment analyst, investment banking, legal, monitor, strategy