STG International is accepting resumes of qualified candidates for the Registered Nurse position to work full-time providing medical care to detainees in custody in support of ICE Health Service Corps at the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Medical Facility.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides direct care to patients within discipline Scope of Practice and performs functions in
accordance with current accepted practice, licensure, certification, credentialing and or granted
2. Provides treatment of persons throughout the life span as appropriate to discipline and
3. May be expected to respond to and or coordinate response to medical emergencies. Must
appropriately document patient/resident encounters electronically according to current standards
of care using electronic health records.
4. Provides supervision of Licensed Vocational/Practical Nurses, as assigned.
5. Evaluates health care needs of residents and develops nursing care plans to meet those needs.
6. Provides assessment and treatment of residents during sick call utilizing the IHSC RN
Guidelines and refers to mid-level provider and/or physician as appropriate.
7. Provides screening of residents during intake per IHSC established policies and procedures.
STG International, Inc (STGi) is a workforce solutions company providing comprehensive healthcare delivery, Head Start and management consulting services and human capital solutions help our clients. Our services and solutions help our clients sustain and enhance their operations to better accomplish their mission.
STGi offers a competitive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
DUTY HOURS/ON-CALL REQUIREMENTS:
IHSC operates 365/24/7 you may be required to respond telephonically during emergency call
back roster activation.
1. This full time position requires availability to work day, evening and night shifts.
Availability during weekends and holidays is also required.
1. Must be able to pass a security clearance.
ATTRIBUTES AND PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES:
1. Strong oral and written communication skills.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills.
3. Critical thinking skills
4. Cultural competency.
5. Integrity and honesty.
6. Verbal and written proficiency in Spanish (preferred, not required).
7. Experience in a detention/correctional or residential healthcare setting (preferred, not
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Degree issuing institution and or program must be accredited by an entity recognized by the U.S.
Department of Education
1. Graduate from an associate's or baccalaureate nursing program for Registered Nurses located
in a State, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory accredited by The Accreditation
Commission For Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing
2. Minimum one (1) year of professional experience as a licensed registered nurse in a hospital,
medical office or residential setting.
1. Current, full and unrestricted licensed as Registered Nurse in the state in which the duty
station is located. Any changes to license must be reported to employer immediately.
2. This position does not require privileging by IHSC.
3. Maintains BLS for Healthcare Providers certification through the American Heart
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to properly use equipment, materials and supplies in simple diagnostic and treatment
2. Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment.
3. Ability to utilize telephonic interpreter/translation services to complete assigned duties if not
fluent in a language the patient understands.
4. Ability to adapt to sudden changes in schedules and flexibility in work requirements.
5. Ability to communicate proficiently in English (verbal and written) in order to develop
positive rapport with patients, co-workers and other stakeholders.
6. Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships in a multidisciplinary
7. Ability to navigate in an electronic work environment including electronic health records,
web based training and communications.
8. Knowledge of, and moderate proficiency in, common Microsoft Office programs,
specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint.
9. Knowledge of regulations (HIPAA/Privacy Act) regarding the confidentiality of patient
medical records and information as well as Personally Identifiable Information (PII).