Job Summary: We are currently seeking an exceptional candidate for the Operations Excellence team at Tempur Sealy International. With the merger of Tempur-Pedic and Sealy businesses, and in combination with the implementation of a combined supply chain operation, opportunities to redefine our business models and create measurable synergies and systemic business improvement are significant. The role leverages Lean Six-Sigma analytical skills, people and change management orientation and operations experiences to drive total business transformation. This role works closely with the business leadership and plant management to determine current state processes across multiple business segments and create streamlined, well-documented best practices and standard operating procedures. The successful candidate will ensure solutions and best practices are relevant, shared and adopted across all plants to avoid potential for non-sustainable one-off solutions.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
* Effective use of change management tools and techniques to assure adoption and buy-in of all stakeholders to the processes and systems across the company. * Educate others in support of spreading best practices across all appropriate plant locations. * Responsible for specific the definition and implementation of procure-to-pay business processes (e.g. manufacturing, sourcing, planning, warehousing, transportation). * Facilitate reengineering business processes driving to communize processes to the identified best practices, modifications to organizational roles and responsibilities, and replacing legacy technologies as appropriate with an eye toward ensuring cost effective long and short term financial trade-offs. * Drive business improvements by identifying the opportunities, defining business requirements, build the business case, and design the process and technology solutions to achieve business results. * Functions as a core team member and subject matter expert in working sessions designed to cross-functionally improve business operations. * Use LSS tools and techniques to frame up improvement efforts, advise leadership, motivate and engage employees and demonstrate measurable results. * Develop metrics in conjunction with business leadership, perform gage R&R to evaluate and advise the quality of the metrics, create ongoing visibility and determine operational goals for performance improvements within agreed upon timeframes and deliver results. * Keep management informed on program objectives and progress and ensure communication through the use of standard tools and reporting rhythm including gaps, open items, status and critical upcoming decisions/events. * Act as end-user advocate and ensure balanced decisions are made that consider return on investment, risk mitigation, data integrity, employee satisfaction, sustainability and total cost. * Keeps abreast of advanced manufacturing systems and ergonomic methods.
Other primary duties and responsibilities include the following; however, Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
* Expert with Lean methodologies * Strong analytic and strategic problem solving ability * Creates and baselines performance and creates visibility * Results oriented * Willing to take calculated, well communicated risks with clear mitigation plans in place * Ability to work effectively within a matrix organization * Able to work in a team atmosphere with little supervision and integrate into an existing team * Able to interface with all levels of management and at multiple levels within a business organization * Demonstrated program management skills * Excellent planning, organization, and prioritization skills * Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills * Strong interpersonal and meeting facilitation skills * Ability to manage multiple stakeholders with varying degrees of alignment to a single strategy or desired outcome
Internal and External Interfaces:
* Internal Partners * Primarily Transportation, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Planning, Engineering and Quality personnel; others as required * As Tempur and Sealy continues to integrate, some roles may be duplicated so finding all business expertise and stakeholders is important to success. * External Partners * Consulting companies supporting the definition and implementation of business transformation programs. * Suppliers providing raw materials and finished goods to our supply chain operations. * Customers that depend on Tempur Sealy's product quality, finished goods delivery and order management and financial services.
Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
* Related BA/BS (Engineering Preferred) and 5+ yrs. related experience OR related MS and 3+ yrs. related experience OR related PhD and 0+ yrs. related experience. * Extensive experience in operational roles (5+ years) with complete command of people, process and technology improvement methodologies. * Proven ability to create measurement systems and demonstrate quantifiable success (metrics to dollars). * Demonstrated ability to think cross functionally, influencing change within a multi departmental environment. * Excellent relationship building and alignment building skills. * Proven negotiation and influencing skills. * Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms. * Excellent analytical skills and very detail oriented. * Strong leadership, meeting management, and presentation skills are necessary. * Proven business process redesign experience.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be capable of performing each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements herein are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
* Lean/Six Sigma Certification required * Computer Skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, SharePoint and Project
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: Fast-paced corporate office, plant and laboratory environment. Some stress will occur. Substantial travel around scheduled projects such as program rollouts and unplanned issue management/resolution will be necessary.
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results outlined herein.
I received a copy of the Job Description and can perform the essential functions of the position with or without a Reasonable Accommodation: