Join the number 1 rated hostel (5 consecutive years by Hostelworld.com) in Los Angeles!
USA Hostels Hollywood has a rare opening for an assistant manager. The assistant manager works with staff ranging from front desk to housekeeping to maintenance. It's a great job for someone wanting to break into hospitality or sharpen up their managerial skills in a fun work environment! We're run by backpackers for backpackers and offer a relaxed yet professional environment and the opportunity to meet people from all over the world!
The ideal candidate MUST have previous international hostelling experience, preferably working in at least one hostel or other hospitality environment, a desire to be a part of hostel life, and the ability to commit for at least one year. An outgoing and friendly personality, with the ability to maintain a professional manner in difficult situations is a must.
Candidates must be legal to work in the USA and have working knowledge of Los Angeles. We cannot assist with a work visa.
We prefer candidates with money handling experience, previous supervisory experience, excellent people and customer service skills, the ability to multi-task, solve problems and work effectively under pressure. The right candidate will also be very organized, honest, reliable and a self starter. Computer skills and speaking multiple languages are a plus.
- Supervise, train, coach and discipline reception, housekeeping and maintenance staff as needed.
- Recruit and manage volunteers
- Troubleshoot reception and reservations issues
- Manage group reservations including booking, payments and check ins.
- Create, develop and implement hostel activities and events
- Have a finger on the 'pulse' of guest needs/wants to boost guest satisfaction and increase extension rate
- Function as duty-manager when manager off-site
- Troubleshoot guest issues such as payments, questions, complaints, etc.
- Provide high level of customer service to guests and staff
- Process internet bookings/queries/no shows
- Handle online reservations and information requests in a timely, professional and friendly manner
- Keep vending and hostel supplies stocked.
- Keep hostel inventory. Determine and purchase hostel supplies as needed
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by Manager
This is a full time salary non exempt position. Working Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays is required.
See below for compensation details.
If you are interested in this position please follow these instructions:
- Write us a cover letter stating why you are the right person for this job, tell us a bit about your own hostelling experience and how you would fit into our organization.
- Include a resume.
Any applications sent without a cover letter that details the above items will not be considered.
Candidate must have the ability to sit, stand, walk, hear, speak, understand and write fluent and accurate English, have manual dexterity, ability to visually inspect tiny items, and lift up to 40 pounds.
Total compensation includes salary ($37,000.00-39,000.00 annually DOE), quarterly bonuses and overtime pay, 15 days PTO plus medical/dental insurance and 401k program. In addition, employee's get their birthday off with pay, continuing education fund and free stays in our other related hostels.
Please note, there is no free parking available at this facility. No one under the age of 18 will be considered for this position.
We're rated the Most Popular Hostel in Los Angeles* for the 7th consecutive year, but we don't rest on our accolades. We're always adapting to guest needs, so we've installed central air conditioning, remodeled all dorm and private rooms, and designed new bathrooms with walk in showers.
Located in the heart of the entertainment district, just steps from the Walk of Fame, Grauman's Chinese and Kodak Theatres, there's never a lack of things to do or see in the area. We offer our own hostel-run tours and activities, so there's always something going on. We're also the only hostel in LA offering a shuttle to the beach. But if relaxing is what you need, you can kick up your feet, stretch out and soak up the sun on our garden patio or chill out and make new friends in our comfortable newly renovated lounge.
From our unique, specially-designed 'privacy pods' to our popular walking tours of different parts of Los Angeles and pub crawls, USA Hostels Hollywood offers you more than any other hostel in Los Angeles.