VOLT Workforce Solutions is currently working with a client in Menlo Park, CA in their search for a Sr. DevOps Engineer. This is a direct position with our client.
We are looking for a senior DevOps Engineer to provide engineering design and support for their current and future global infrastructure. This engineer will be responsible for image management, deployment, security and support for CentOS based images and applications for a multi-site environment supporting our client's catalog platform.
Initially the primary focus for this role will be implementing a GCE based alternate production site to mirror our current on-prem facilities. This engineer will also be responsible for all aspects of configuration management and maintaining security best practices. This is an opportunity to showcase your skills in an operational role, and build and design a multi-site, hybrid, enterprise level solution as a key member of a large global organization.
- Manage VM images and deployment processes to follow security best practices
- Reconfigure current deployment solutions to provide cloud-ready solutions
- Design highly available and secure solutions for production services
- Manage shared services including DNS, Gluster/Ceph, Ansible, and a complete ELK stack
- Provide top-level support for CentOS from deployment through tuning and troubleshooting
- Tune and configure Apache/Nginx web servers and suggest improvements to existing configurations
- Document and automate existing deployment processes
- Work closely with development and architecture teams in a systems engineering capacity to support and improve ongoing processes
- Provide load-balancer, firewall, and general networking support
- Provide support for multiple development and QA environments
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to improve systems and infrastructure
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- 3+ years of technical system operations experience in an enterprise environment.
- 2+ years of experience with cloud-based production environments
- 2+ years of experience with one or more CM tools like Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- A deep understanding of LINUX operations and tuning
- Networking/Physical DC experience
- Familiarity with virtualization and shared file system technology.
- Knowledge and experience supporting large scale SQL solutions.
- Ability to drive root cause analysis.
- Good communication skills.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with geographically dispersed multi-site geo-redundant data centers.
Experience with MySQL Cluster or other shared data tiers
Volt Information Sciences, Inc. is an international provider of staffing services, outsourcing solutions, and information technology infrastructure services. We offer a candidate referral bonus, please inquire for more details. (Conditions and restrictions apply).
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associated topics: architect, backend, c, c/c++, expert, java, lead, programming, project architect, senior