Weedmaps currently has an opening for a dynamic Information Systems professional to join our team. In this position you will be building and maintaining an enterprise vision, strategy and programs to ensure information technologies are operational and adequately protected according to business requirements. For this role you must be detail-oriented, have a strong ability to multitask and be self-driven. One must have the ability to work in a very fast-paced and innovative environment.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the areas of internal systems, security, privacy, and compliance stakeholders on specific topics/issues to enhance the establishment of the overall control framework
- Participate with technical standards compliance initiatives including ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, HIPAA and DPA/GDPR, legal and regulatory requirements
- Work with key stakeholders to implement, manage and maintain technical solutions, prioritized according to risks and opportunities
- Analyze, review, monitor, and reassess the adequacy of information systems security controls across the organization
- Support compliance and risk management activities, recommending security controls and corrective actions to mitigate vulnerability risks
- Interface directly with a variety of business units and stakeholders to clearly communicate risks and develop action plans to reduce risks to acceptable levels
- Comfortable facing new challenges and changes in direction
- Capable of leading response to incidents holding breach management responsibilities.
- Contribute to and perform vulnerability assessments to identify weaknesses and countermeasures and provide timely assessment reports to key stakeholders
- Must be able to summarize and communicate technical data to a non-technical audience
- Ensure rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles and practices in the delivery of customer support services
- Perform rotating Level 3 on-call responsibilities to support 24x7 operations
Monitor and report on solutions outcomes and customer satisfaction
- Systematically analyze performance data and communicate findings to senior management
- Ensure that stakeholder concerns or complaints are addressed in accordance with organizational policy
- Bachelor s Degree in CS, CIS, similar or equivalent work experience.
- Candidate must have 5 or more years of experience in information systems engineering and 2-4 years experience in information security.
- Experience in translating applicable industry best practices and international laws and regulations into control requirements
- Experience working in common vulnerability frameworks (CVSS, OWASP Top 10)
- Experience in the area of Internet security and networking protocols
- 5 or more years of experience in support and troubleshooting of Mac OS platforms and Windows Systems/Servers.
- Advanced knowledge of the area of Identity & Access Management (IAM)
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with Google G Suite products required
- Advanced knowledge of and experience supporting Apple hardware required
- Experience with both OSX and Windows environments required
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence preferred
- Advanced scripting knowledge preferred
- Strong knowledge and understanding of ITIL processes and practical experience of having applied them successfully preferred
- Superior problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective, professional and harmonious relationships while working under pressure
- Proven organizational skills and time management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fully covered Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee AND dependents
- Matching 401k, 50% match up to 6% of employee contribution
- 3 weeks PTO and 5 sick days
- Accident Insurance
- Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Catered lunch provided 5 days a week
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
- Fridge is always stocked with energy drinks and other snacks
- Casual work environment, read no suit and tie required , but you are free to dress to the nines
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come.
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing backend services for dispensaries, doctors, and deliveries. Our website gives over 4 million monthly visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!
Associated topics: assistant, desk, edi, help desk, information technology support, msword, support, system support, technical support, troubleshoot